Do you think that Fresh is disgustingly overpriced? Is this whole ‘Lad Culture’ debate overblown? Do you have a passion you can’t stop talking about or the secret to the perfect orgasm?
Stop thinking about it and write about it! With thousands of readers every week, bathimpact is Bath’s largest and most established student newspaper and we want you to join our 50-strong team.
This year we have broken stories from allegations of controversial bus chants to the Students’ Union’s involvement in banning a comedy sketch, from uncovering the £100,000 worth of fines taken by the University to the growing marketisation of the institution.
But we’re not just about breaking the latest stories. bathimpact provides a place to rant about feminism or Russell Brand, share your thoughts on ISIS or technology, or report on the latest University sporting events. Occasionally we’re known for being the brains behind mintyfresh too.
We require absolutely no experience (most of us wrote our first words for bathimpact!) and getting involved is easy. Simply email email@example.com or join one of our Facebook groups if you know what you want to write about:
- News & Comment: share a scoop you have or share your thoughts on the latest campus stories
- Features: here you have space to write about those niche political, science, international or business stories you care about. Or you can show off the latest going-ons within your society
- bite: passionate about film or music? Want to have a go at satire or share some existential thoughts on society? This is your space for exploring your creativity.
- Sport: we need match reports and in-depth looks at how Bath is doing in the world of sport. Or just tell everyone how amazing your club is.
We work hard to teach new skills to our contributors, including writing workshops and tips to improve your journalistic tendencies.
We also looking for those with a passion for:
- Design, helping us produce eye-catching layouts or infographics
- Photography, giving you a recognised platform for your art
- Social media, helping us communicate with our audience in innovative ways
We have access to cameras, the latest software and plenty of computers; free to use for our members.
But media at Bath is not limited to a paper. If you are interested in video editing, scriptwriting, directing or camera work, CampusTV can offer amazing opportunities to get involved. If you like the sound of your own voice, University Radio Bath (URB) allows you to set up, produce and present your own specialist show, and get involved in every aspect of running an award-winning radio station.
Working for your student media is not just for budding journalists; increasingly jobs are looking for writing skills and an understanding of communications. bathimpact, CampusTV and URB are all offer a vital way to demonstrate this, with our members contributing as little or as much as they want.
Who knows? You could end up being our next editor.